Monday, July 28, 2008

Did you miss me?

Peace...

Aight my people...I wanna thank those of you out there reading these updates and providing me with comments and feedback...keep them coming...as most of you know I joined the Peace Corps in May...they sent me to Malawi in the southeastern part of Africa...I was supposed to be there for 2 years...but unfortunately or fortunately I had to cut my stay short...more on that later...

This is a quick update to let you all know that I left the Motherland and that I am back in the City of Brotherly Love...nothing bad happened...I just realized that after the 2 month training period that the program wasn't for me...

For those of you reading and enjoying the story that I am telling...don't worry because the story will continue with pictures, videos and some written pieces inspired by my stay in Africa...

Even though my stay in Africa was shortened...the things I've seen, the people I've talked to and the experience I shared will remain "in my heart, in my soul, forever..." just getting the opportunity to walk on Africa's soil...for however long...is a blessing in itself...and if you ever get the chance to do it...seize that opportunity...

As you all know...my search for hip hop is a never ending quest and I'll continue to carry the wait for my people...

So stay tuned for updates and the continuation of my story...

Peace and blessings...

h.k. beverly

No comments: