Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On my way Home...

This is the continuing story of my search for hip hop...refer to the previous post Mother Africa is calling me Home...


"you all tucked in...here we go..."

So...as I was looking back at my homies sitting on the steps, playing cards and gambling...I heard a thundering sound coming from the sky...I looked up and show a plane that had just taken off from the nearby Philly International Airport...it was close enough that I could see the logo...before I got half way up the block I sat down for a second and imagined that I was on that plane...

I always wondered and still do today about those planes that fly over my neighborhood to destinations unknown...I would ask myself...where were they going, who was on them...and why?

This plane was unusual...unlike any other plane I've seen before...except for in my dreams...it was painted all Black with a Red star on both sides of the back fin...inside the stars in capital letters were the letters BSA in Green with Black outlining...the words Black Star Airlines was spelled out in Green with Red outlining on each side of the plane...

As I was sitting on the steps...still imagining that I was on that plane...my vision was distracted by a tinted out old school with a hundred spokes spinning turning smoothly down the block blasting "Thieves in the Night" by Black Star...

"stop hiding, stop hiding, stop hiding your face...
stop hiding, stop hiding, cause ain't no hiding place..."

"we take the Black Star Line right on home..." 

to be continued...

Until next time stay safe and blessed...

h.k. beverly
L.I.P. instead of R.I.P.
Live in Peace


 

 

No comments: