Thursday, July 24, 2008

On the Plane...

So...on this plane I was greeted by the most beautiful Brown skinned lady...she was wearing the colors of "nationhood..." In her outfit was a mixture of Red Black and Green...as I smiled at her...she smiled back at me sayin "welcome to Black Star Airlines my brother..." she said it with a harmony that reminded of a song by Nina Simone...she handed me a glass of warm cognac and led me to my seat...I sat down in my seat that resembled a throne in the middle of the plane and sipped my drink...


As I looked around the plane I started to get this feeling of joy and excitement...as I was buckling my seat belt a Isaac Hayes type voice came over the loud speaker sayin "welcome to Black Star Airlines...seat back relax...as we are going on a journey...a journey home...where the grass is Green and the love is seen..." he spoke with the rhythm of one of the Last Poets...I was getting higher and higher as the drums of Brother ? and Philly Joe Jones began to sound...accompanied by the too cool horns of Moody and Cotrane...Jelly Roll Morton unlocked my soul with his black and white keys...as Mr. Monk timed in with a smooth deep base...I was in heaven...As we glid through the sky like a Sankofa bird...the beautiful voice of Billie Holiday sing me to sleep...

Stay tuned...

h.k. beverly
L.I.P. instead of R.I.P.


No comments: